MUSICONTARIO COMMUNITIES CONNECT: THUNDER BAY – MUSIC BIZ 101
MAY 24, 2016, 5-11:00PM @ THE FOUNDRY (242 Red River Road)
5:00PM Meet n’ Greet w/Panelists
6:00PM Music Business Panel
8:00PM Artist Showcase
Showcase Application: http://goo.gl/forms/YXFczsNLsm
MusicOntario Communities Connect is all about bridging the gaps between Ontario’s vibrant music markets, and we are proud to partner with MFM to bring this session to Northern Ontario!
While musicians get their start in music through talent and creativity, they must grow into their career paths through business and industry savvy. The independent artist must have biz knowledge across the board before the right players join their teams – that means moonlighting as their own booking agent, publicist/marketing team, general manager and more.
With that in mind, we’ve tailored this session to cover the 101 topics you need to learn about, with the pros in tow to help you get a firm footing in the industry. From the basics of the industry, its key players and their roles, to accessing money, protecting your rights and monetizing your music, this crash course will help you take the next steps to shape your career’s trajectory!
- Dave Grant & Scott Burke (Poor Young Things)
web: pooryoungthings.com // twitter: @pooryoungthings
- Emily Haffenden (Aporia Records)
- web: aporia-records.com // twitter: @aporiarecords
- Jeremy Giacomin (Paquin Entertainment Agency)
- web: paquinentertainment.com // twitter: @paquinartists
- Stu Anderson (Mighty Cypress Talent)
- web: mightycypress.com
- Rosalyn Dennett (CIMA & MusicOntario)
- web: cimamusic.ca & www.music-ontario.ca // twitter: @_CIMAmusic & @musicontario
- Jen McKerral (MFM)
- web: http://www.cionorth.ca // twitter: https://twitter.com/MFM_NorOnt