MusicOntario is a non-profit division of the Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA), created to provide industry development and representation to the sector in Ontario, inclusive of emerging artists and industry professionals.
Our focus is on providing regional development, market access, showcasing, professional development, education, support, advocacy and resources to the industry at large while serving our membership.
With a grass-roots approach and support of our partners, MusicOntario will grow to serve the broader music industry across the province.
Working with MusicOntario and CIMA staff, the Executive Director will represent, manage and grow MusicOntario, while organizing and facilitating business-to-business and professional development opportunities for the Ontario-based Canadian independent music sector. The organization will provide and disseminate advice and information relevant to the independent music industry and work with CIMA to recruit memberships and revenue sources to support MusicOntario.
- Develop and execute programs, services and activities to support Ontario-based Canadian independent music sector, with a particular focus on CIMA/MusicOntario members.
- Organize, promote, facilitate and execute business-to-business/professional development and showcase opportunities for Ontario-based Canadian independent music businesses and artists.
- Consult and advise Ontario-based Canadian music businesses/artists on best practises and other relevant information to the industry through workshops, panels, mentorship sessions and direct contact.
- Work with CIMA to represent Ontario artists at national and international events through the national Music Export Canada brand.
- Oversee membership recruitment and retention in MusicOntario/CIMA.
- Responsible for writing MusicOntario funding applications, as well as interim and final reports.
- Develop and operate within annual budget.
- Secure partners and sponsors to support MusicOntario’s programs and events.
- Prepare project-specific outlines and reports, including detailed budgets and timesheets
- Liaise with other music industry associations, both national and regional.
- Oversee the execution of MusicOntario newsletters, correspondence, media releases, and social media.
- Along with CIMA’s President, act as spokesperson of MusicOntario.
- Reports to CIMA’s President
The successful candidate will have a seasoned and broad knowledge of the music industry sector and working relationships with key people in the business. The successful candidate will have experience in, or a deep understanding of, working in and/or managing a not-for-profit business, as well as a background in funding applications and sponsorship procurement. Knowledge of event management is an asset. The position involves working with many partners including provincial, festivals and national and international conferences. The successful candidate will create and maintain relationships with funders and sponsors as well as the private sector.
Please forward your applications to Jenia Schukov, Administrative Assistant by email at email@example.com.