Canadian Music Week is looking for a dynamic, experienced Festival Manager to coordinate The CMW Music Festival running May 1-10, 2015. This is a year round position part-time in June evolving to full-time in October through to the event. A minimum of 3 years related experience including event coordination and project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Primary role is to oversee programming of the music festival, manage the general administration and liaise with the rest of the team to ensure the efficient execution of the music festival.
- Works with the president and accounting dept. to develop and manage the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Oversees the general administration of the music festival including website and social media
Responsible for event management including:
- Work with festival team to determine target headline artists
- Send out offers and maintain contracts for all artists/manage artist payments
- Work with festival team to coordinate festival shows
- Work with festival coordinator to secure and maintain multiple venues including liaising with property owners regarding access and conditions of use.
- Work with creative/PR team to develop marketing and advertising for festival (including production of festival gig guide).
- Overseeing all logistical and technical requirements for festival (including signage/program distribution).
- Liaise with production manager to determine production requirements (and provide copies of all artist riders to production manager).
- Contract production and backline staff.
- Determine all requirements for necessary permits and apply for and secure permissions accordingly.
- Coordinate set-up and tear-down activities.
The Festival Manager position requires a demonstrated sense of leadership, vision, collaboration and team building with strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy and creativity. The role requires a minimum of 3 years experience in programming/talent buying role, event management experience and a full understanding of the live event production process. The ideal candidate will have a vehicle, be self-motivated and able to work independently in a diverse and evolving atmosphere.
How to apply:
Interested applicants may apply with resume and cover letter to the attention of Neill Dixon at email@example.com with CMW Festival Manager in the subject line by August 29, 2014.
CMW thanks all applications for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.