Coalition Music is now accepting applications for their Tour and Tech Program that will be starting on November 4, 2014.
What is it:
A program specifically designed to develop the skills of: tour managers, festival/event managers, promoters, guitar/drum/key technicians, stage managers, and sound engineers.
It’s a full-time, 10-week professional development program that runs from 10am-4pm on Tuesdays-Fridays. The program will be offered twice per year at Coalition Music, and the next 2 program start dates are: November 4, 2014 and April 21, 2015.
- Volunteer and paid work placement opportunities
- Guitar, bass, and drum workshops
- Hands on training with analog and digital consoles
- In-house performances for hands-on stage and production experience
- Tech workshop for DJs
- Local and national tour planning, budgeting, and advancing
- Networking with industry professionals and organizations
- Working with artists, agents, promoters, managers, labels
- Venue and festival site visits/tours
How much does it cost:
The total cost for the program is $7,500 (without financial support). All applicants are eligible to receive up to $5,000 in financial support (courtesy of Bell Media), thus making the program cost $2,500 with financial support.
Topics explored in the program include:
- How to run your business and get work
- Artist and crew management
- Contract rider advancing/settlement/negotiation
- Short and long-run tour logistics
- Tour budgeting and accounting
- Customs and immigration
- International touring and travel
- Festival/event/conference management
- Concert production/pa and consoles
- Tour management
- Front-of-house (FOH) and monitor sound engineering
- Guitar/drum/keyboard tech (all backline)
- Lighting logistics and consoles
- Stage management
- Tour Promo/Publicity/Social Media
For more information, view Coalition’s Tour & Tech Info Package.
To book an appointment with Coalition Music or for more information, please contact Jesse Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.