MUSICONTARIO PRESENTS TUNE UP TORONTO: Tackling the Conference World!
TUNE UP TORONTO: Tackling the Conference World! March 8, 2017, 6:30-8PM @ Lula Lounge on Dundas (1585 Dundas St W, Toronto)Tune Up Toronto is a MusicOntario workshop series designed to cater to the needs of local music communities, for artists and emerging music professionals alike. With that in mind, we have tailored this session to cover a topic that affects artists and industry working in all genres of music: conference preparedness. Attending industry conferences is expensive, daunting and time-consuming. So, how can you make the most of it? Working smart goes beyond just showing up and shaking hands or playing a showcase slot; it requires goal setting, preparation and action. This session will give you the chance to hear from the very people who organize conferences and showcases, experienced managers, and entrepreneurial artists to learn from each perspective how to ensure that each conference you go to becomes a meaningful stepping stone in your career. PANELISTS:
- Brian Hetherman – MusicOntario & Curve Music (Moderator) web: http://curvemusic.com/ // twitter: @curve_music
- Darryl Hurs – Indie Week web: www.canada.indieweek.com // twitter: @indieweek
- David Cox – CLK Creative Works web: www.clkcreativeworks.com // twitter: @DavidClickCox
- Emy Stantcheva— CIMA & MusicOntario web: www.cimamusic.ca // twitter: @mookalina
- Rosalyn Dennett — Artist & Canadian Federation of Musicians web: www.cfmusicians.org // twitter: @rosalyndennett
- Samantha Pickard – Strut Entertainment web: www.strutentertainment.com // twitter: @strutent