TORONTO, ON (October 2, 2017) – The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) is calling for submissions for the 2018 JUNO Awards. Submissions will open on Monday, October 2 and close Friday, November 10 at www.junosubmissions.ca
JUNO Week 2018 will be hosted in Vancouver from March 19 through March 25, 2018.
Key submission dates:
- October 2, 2017 – Submissions open
- October 20, 2017; 5 p.m. EST – Deadline for discounted early-bird submissions
- November 10, 2017; 5 p.m. EST – Deadline for submissions
- December 1, 2017 – Submissions for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year open
- January 4, 2018; 5 p.m. EST – Submissions for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year close
Eligibility for the 2018 JUNO Awards applies to music released for national sale between September 1, 2016 and November 10, 2017. Albums available for pre-order online no later than November 10, 2017 will also qualify. Pre-ordered online albums will need to be available no later than November 24, 2017.
Eligible musicians are Canadian Citizens, which are defined by CARAS to be that where a majority of the group members hold Canadian birth certificates, passports or are Canadian Permanent Resident(s) with residency in Canada during the last six months of the eligibility period.
For a complete list of JUNO Awards categories, eligibility rules and voting criteria, visit
www.junoawards.ca/submissions. Note: Save up to 40% on submissions by signing up as a CARAS Academy Delegate at www.junoawards.ca/join.
CARAS has also introduced the following changes this year:
Comedy Album of the Year
Francophone Album of the Year
- CARAS is pleased to announce the return of the Comedy Album of the Year category sponsored by SiriusXM Canada. Eligible comedy albums must be available for national sale and recorded by a comedic performer or performers of any of the following disciplines: stand-up, sketch, improvisation, and musical comedy. The nominees and winners will be determined by a judge vote.
Rap Recording of the Year
- The nominees for Francophone Album of the Year will now be determined by equal weight of consumption and judge vote. The final round will be determined by judges.
Album Artwork of the Year
- The winner for Rap Recording of the Year will now be determined by an Academy Delegate vote.
Website: www.junosubmissions.ca, www.junoawards.ca
- The Recording Package of the Year category has been changed to Album Artwork of the Year in order to more clearly define the category criteria for those interested in submitting.
PwC is the Official Ballot Accountants for the 2018 JUNO Awards.
Premier Partners of the 2018 JUNO Awards: CARAS acknowledges the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters, the Province of British Columbia, the City of Vancouver and TD Bank Group.
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences/L’académie canadienne des arts et des sciences de l’enregistrement (CARAS) is a not-for-profit organization created to preserve and enhance the Canadian music industry and to contribute toward higher artistic and industry standards. The main focus of CARAS is the exploration and development of ongoing opportunities to showcase and promote Canadian artists and music through vehicles such as The JUNO Awards and other year-round initiatives. For more information on the JUNO Awards or The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) please visit
For more information on the JUNO Awards or interview requests, please contact:
Zai Karim, rock-it promotions,
firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.656.0707 ext. 127
Nicole Amiel, rock-it promotions,
email@example.com, 416.656.0707 ext. 118