Call for Applications - Spécimens Canadiens
SHOWCASES - PRINTEMPS DE BOURGES 2019 (APRIL 16-21)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FROM NOVEMBER 28 TO DECEMBER 14, 2018
The FME, the Fondation Musicaction and FACTOR, in collaboration with the Festival d’été de Québec and Le Printemps de Bourges present SPÉCIMENS CANADIENS, an inclusive initiative inviting European music industry professionals to discover Canadian music trends live on stage, and behind the scenes.
Attracting 50,000 spectators, 600 delegates, and more than 500 French and foreign journalists annually, Printemps de Bourges is a major musical event that should not be missed.
3 to 6 artists will be chosen
Submissions due December 14, 2018 at 11:59 PST
- The artist must be Canadian (this includes Permanent Residents);
- As a general rule, the artist must have released a sound recording within 18 months prior to the event;
- The artist must have a contract in place to commercialize their music in France or represents a potential to be commercialized in that targeted market;
- The artist must be linked with at least one professional European organization or have a Canadian team prepared to support their development abroad;
- Ideally, the artist has a sound recording already being distributed in France or planned to be distributed in France soon;
- Current media releases of the artist can be submitted, if available;
- The artist must be accompanied by a professional representative for the duration of the event.
The artists will be chosen by an anonymous independent jury.
To submit your application:
Collaborators on this collective initiative are the Festival de Musique Émergente (FME), Musicaction, FACTOR, Le Printemps de Bourges and the Festival d’été de Québec.