Learn more about Ontario's COVID-19 Financial Supports
From the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism, and Culture Industries:
Last Friday, our#StayHomeOncampaign launched and our preliminary results indicate that our hashtag was shared over 20.9 million times on Twitter and Instagram and there were over 4.9 million views on TikTok! I am so grateful to all MHSTCI partners who are contributing to this campaign - it means so much because I know how difficult this pandemic has been on all of our sectors and industries.
It’s been a long road and I know many of you are still struggling. In order to support you, Minister MacLeod is hosting 13 regional webinars that outline supports offered by the government - including:
- Small Business Support Grants of up to $20,000
- Property Tax and Energy Bill Rebates
- Main Street Relief Grant for PPE Support of up to $1000
- Not For Profit Support with Ontario Trillium Foundation (additional $100 million in COVID-19 supports beyond the $103 million annual budget)
- Support for Arts Organizations (additional $25 million in COVID-19 supports beyond the $60 million budget)
Please sign up to attend the webinar for your region and learn how to access these supports here.
- Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:00 AM: Ottawa Regional Business Support Webinar
- Mon, Feb 1, 2021 2:00 PM: GTA Regional Business Support Webinar
- Tue, Feb 2, 2021 10:00 AM: York, Durham & Headwaters Regional Business Support Webinar
- Tue, Feb 2, 2021 3:00 PM: Bruce Peninsula Regional Business Support Webinar
- Wed, Feb 3, 2021 10:00 AM: Kawarthas Northumberland Regional Business Support Webinar
- Wed, Feb 3, 2021 2:00 PM: South Eastern Ontario Regional Business Support Webinar
- Thu, Feb 4, 2021 10:00 AM: Ontario 's Highlands Regional Business Support Webinar
- Thu, Feb 4, 2021 2:00 PM: Muskoka Regional Business Support Webinar
- Fri, Feb 5, 2021 2:00 PM: Northern Ontario Regional Business Support Webinar
- Mon, Feb 8, 2021 10:00 AM: Southwest Ontario Regional Business Support Webinar
- Tue, Feb 9, 2021 10:00 AM: Niagara Regional Business Support Webinar
- Tue, Feb 9, 2021 2:00 PM: Hamilton, Halton & Brant Regional Business Support Webinar
- Wed, Feb 10, 2021 2:00 PM: Huron, Perth, Waterloo & Wellington Regional Business Support Webinar
Free Webinar on Ontario Small Business Support Grant
Join the City of Toronto's free webinar on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 @ 3:30 pm to learn more about the recently announced Ontario Small Business Support Grant.Sign up to attend the free webinar.If you are unable to attend this webinar, you will be able to view it post-event on demand.
The Ontario Small Business Support Grant is intended to help small businesses (including sole proprietorships) in Ontario that are required to close or significantly restrict services under Ontario’s province-wide shutdown effective December 26, 2020.
Eligible businesses can receive between $10,000 and $20,000 to help with revenue losses expected as a result of the province-wide shutdown.
Businesses must demonstrate they experienced a revenue decline of at least 20 per cent when comparing monthly revenue in April 2019 and April 2020. New businesses established since April 2019 are also eligible provided they meet the other eligibility criteria.
Businesses will be able to use the support in whatever way makes the most sense for them. For example, some businesses could use the support to pay employee wages, while others may need support maintaining their inventory.
More information on the Ontario Small Business Support Grant can be found here:
Other Financial Government Supports:
The Ontario Government is providing additional support for small businesses who are struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19. As of January, the credit amounts available through the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) have been increased to a maximum of $1,500—and more businesses will be eligible to access funding. Contact Toronto Hydro or your local utility to find out how to apply.
More information on COVID-19 financial supports can be found here:
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) program
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) program
For one-on-one help with applications for any of these programs contact the BusinessTO Support Centre.
More City of Toronto programs and resources can be found here:
- Business licensing and permit application portal
- BusinessTO Support Centre: One-on-one virtual support to help businesses complete government assistance applications, navigate reopening guidelines and more
- CurbTO: Provides temporary curbside parking pick-up zones for main street businesses
- Digital Main Street: Provides support for businesses interested in adopting technologies to help their businesses
- Digital Transformation Grant: $2,500 grants available to businesses to help implement new technologies
- DonateTO: Make a difference in your community by donating or partnering with the City of Toronto
- Reopening Guidelines
- ShopHERE powered by Google: Get help to set up and launch an online store quickly, easily and at no cost (with expanded eligibility criteria)