Job Alert: Work at CIMA & MusicOntario as Administration Co-ordinator & Assistant to the President
ORGANIZATION: Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA)
POSITION: Administration Co-ordinator and Assistant to the President
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (currently remote)
POSITION DETAILS: Full time, Permanent
CIMA is the not-for-profit national trade association representing the English-language, Canadian-owned sector of the music industry. CIMA members include Canadian-owned companies and their representatives involved in every aspect of the music, sound recording and music-related industries. CIMA has a leadership role in the development and advocacy of policies and services that protect and improve the economic viability and well-being of the independent music and sound recording sector in Canada and abroad.
- President and CEO
- Senior Director, Business Development
Administration Co-ordinator and Assistant to the President (Co-ordinator) is responsible for a broad range of day-to-day office administrative requirements as well as providing support to the President and CEO. The Co-ordinator prepares and distributes Board materials and oversees logistics to ensure Board and Committee meetings and special planning activities undertaken by CIMA’s leadership are run effectively. The Co-ordinator ensures the business calendar of the President is up to date, and will review, prioritize, respond and/or redirect and document correspondence received as appropriate. The Co-ordinator collaborates with the Accountant and Senior Director and other relevant staff to track payments, invoices, and accounts payable.
Administration and Operations
- Manage all office requirements on behalf of CIMA and MusicOntario.
- Ensure office equipment requirements and supplies are maintained to optimal levels.
- Receive, process and deposit cheques, track payments and accounts receivable as per bookkeeping requirements.
- Maintain up to date membership dues with Accountant & Membership Coordinator.
- Maintain an efficient office environment, identify process changes as required.
- Support the administrative requirements to ensure timely submission of funding requests and partnership proposals.
- Support CIMA/MusicOntario events and activities, onsite and offsite as directed by Senior Director, Business Development and Executive Director of MusicOntario.
Assistant to the President
- Review and prioritize incoming mail (email and regular mail) and phone inquiries for the President as well as general inquiries for CIMA and MusicOntario. Respond and/or redirect to the appropriate person. Log all inquiries to ensure responses are completed.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar and prioritize meeting requests for review by the President in support of the efficient use of their time. Respond and/or redirect meeting requests to other staff as appropriate.
CEO and Board Support
- Schedule all Board, Committee, and MusicOntario Advisory meetings (in-person and on-line) and ensure all requirements for meetings are prepared/ordered in a timely manner (eg food and beverages for in-person meetings).
- Prepare and distribute Board, Committee, and MusicOntario Advisory meeting packages including minutes, agendas, and reports.
- Organize logistical requirements of Board elections, Annual General Meetings, and special planning days that may be scheduled during the year.
- Support CEO in communicating with Board, Committee, and MusicOntario Advisory members as required.
- Provide staff support to the Board Nominating Sub-Committee.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Degree or diploma in business or arts administration and/or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably in the performing arts sector.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the music industry.
- Highly organized and thorough approach to addressing administrative requirements.
- Flexible and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities; able to prioritize activities as necessary.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable about and able to manage basic bookkeeping functions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of colleagues with respect to administrative matters.
- High level of proficiency in the MS Office Suite as well as social media and online tools.
- Basic graphic design skills on Adobe software or comparable is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset but not required.
- Role may require work outside of office hours office – applicant must comply with all current public health.
$38,000+ depending on experience, includes a competitive health and dental benefits package as well as a cell-phone allowance.
HOW TO APPLY
CIMA recognizes its heightened duty to protect its employees and the wider Canadian music industry from health and safety risks in the wake of COVID-19. As we work offsite, in both business and showcase event venues, we require our employees to actively follow public health regulations in these settings, so as to minimize risk for participating artists and industry workers - many of whose livelihoods are contingent upon their ability to travel domestically and internationally. An offer of employment shall be conditional upon confirmation of full vaccination for COVID-19.
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé to no later than February 18, 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Assistant to the President”.
At CIMA, we embrace the diversity of all people and aim to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace where employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage all qualified candidates, including Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, people from the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups to apply. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.